How to start a new Women in Localization Chapter
Women in Localization are looking for qualified women in the localization field who believe in their mission and want to make a difference in their community.
Here are the steps to starting a new Women in Localization Chapter:
- Check our the current Chapter list to make sure there’s not already a Chapter in your area.
- Bring together 4-5 professional women who are leaders in the localization industry.
- Each leader must have 5+ years of professional experience to be included on the leadership team. The leadership team must consist of women professionals on both the vendor and the client-side and no more than one person per company. Localization Consultants and Education professionals can also be included if they have experience in the industry.
- Create a list of 15+ additional members in your area that includes professional women working in the localization field.
- Create a list of ideas for events. Each Chapter should have four events each year (1 per quarter). Our advice is to start small, with a local networking event. The second event should be a professional event with a speaker or a panel. Think about venues and sponsors for the events.
- Contact the Director of Global Growth. Inform her about your interest in establishing a W.L. chapter in your city or country. email@example.com
- Schedule a call with the Director of Global Growth to discuss the W.L. history and mission statement, the main requirements for opening a chapter, advice on how best to proceed, and your questions.
- The Director of Global Growth will evaluate the qualifications of the leadership team proposed along with the progress made and will decide on Chapter readiness.
- The Director of Global Growth will outline the next steps if the new Chapter leadership is approved to move forward.
Find out more about Women in Localization here.
Sign up for our Newsletter
Technology, Business, Language and Media Industry In Your Inbox. Every month.
Upcoming EventsConnecting Melbourne Nov 13, 2019
$ 10 Early Bird
Networking & Community